"Your Way" Easy Overlanding Sangria Recipe
Shooting stars and dark skies go well with this sangria recipe. Pack in some fresh fruits, and a few other ingredients, and you’re ready to mix up a batch of “Starry Goodness”.
- Choose your favorite bottle of red or white wine! Doesn’t have to be expensive, you’re going to doctor it up anyways.
- Add in your choice, ¼ cup of Brandy or orange or lemon liqueur.
- Again it’s up to you! Pick your favorite fruits. We find it easy to take oranges, lemons, and apples into the wild. These fruits last and can take a little bit of a beating without getting squashed. Plus we eat them on the trip anyway.
- Cinnamon Sticks: Just a couple.
- Cloves: Just a pinch.
- A little honey and brown sugar for sweetener
- Chop some fruit: Dice up the oranges, lemons, and apples into evenly-sized pieces. If you bring berries just toss them in.
- Combine and stir everything: Throw the wine and brandy into a camp pitcher. Mix in the diced fruit, juice from 1 orange and 1 lemon, 1 cinnamon stick, a pinch of cloves, honey and/or brown sugar to desired sweetness.
- Cover and throw into a Grizzly Cooler: We know it still has plenty of ice! Keep it chilling for at least an hour.
- Serve: When chilled, pull out your Grizzly Grip Pint Cups, pour, and serve. I actually like mine on the rocks!
- Double It: Feel free to double the recipe.